Tuesday, February 12, 2008

PSYCHO 50 K

Kyle Amos pushing me up a hill
My daughter Adrian this is her 4th ultra and she's only 8 months!
John King, me and Gabe Bevan
mud is my favorite color

I'll put up some pics soon . I was telling Gabe that you can't compare a 50k to a 100 miler, but as far as exertion per mile goes this was the hardest race I have run. Guess you can call that progress. First loop was great, second loop not too bad, third loop was something special . How do you train for a kick to the nuts ,the simple answer is , you don't you take it on board and suck it up , I had great support from my wife Kristi and daughter Adrian, the Amos aid station Caleb Chatfield, John King and Gabe Bevan , and many others .

2 comments:

Ben, aka BadBen said...

Rick,
That was quite the performance on the course that day.
Happy trails,
Bad Ben

Shane A. Jones said...

Nice job at Psycho! I got kicked in the nuts pretty hard myself.